Summer days are here, and this year I am having lot of fun dressing up Joséphine. Aren’t girls clothes lovely??!! She does not like to wear hat, but we are working on it. She loves climbing everywhere, on and with everything, what is scaring me a lot. She goes on the slide by herself, and slides head in front. My mother often tells stories about me when I was a child, like I am doing now. Among them there is one I am thinking about when I look at my girl. My mother once bought a baby carriage (for dolls) for me when I was 3-4 yrs old, and I liked to go around with it. She was so happy… But she was always wondering why it was bending on a side. So one day a neighbor told her « but you never saw what she is doing with it???!!!, she (me!) is using it to climb in the trees! »
But let’s come back to the recipe, butternut squash chips….
How did I arrived to do that?
I did a mix of french fries once with potatoes and butternut (in the oven: easy and healthier than the traditional ones). Some got a little bit more oil and were … delicious… why not trying to do chips with it? The butternut squash if soft, mellow, tasteful! So I tried, and we all loved it. It keeps its taste. The butternut season is on its end, but if you manage to find one (*), get it, try this recipe and let me know. They will have their little success for bbq, pic nic… believe me!
(*)Per i cittadini di Roma: andate all’Agricoltura Nuova sulla pontina. Vado sempre qua adesso per comprare le verdure & frutta, hanno dei prodotti meravigliosi… C’è anche la possibilità di fare bbq il week end
E per quelli che non possono andare c’è la possibilita d’avere la frutta e verdura consegnate a casa!
Butternut squash chips
- Butternut squash
- Oil (olive oil or others)
- Wash the squash. Peel the skin and remove seeds.
- Cut the flesh with a mandolin.
- Heat oil in a pan (wok).
- Dip the slices of squash in the oil, remove them as soon as they start to brown and place on absorbent paper.
- Add salt and enjoy!
Chips de courge butternut
- Courges butternut
- Huile (olive, friture…)
- Laver la/les courges. Lever la peau et retirer les graines.
- Couper la chair à l’aide d’une mandoline.
- Faire chauffer l’huile fans une poele de type wok.
- Plonger les lamelles de courge dans l’huile, les retirer dès qu’elles commencent à brunir et les poser sur du papier absorbant.
- Saler et déguster!
Chips di butternut
- Zucca tipo Butternut
- Oil (olio d’oliva, o altre …)
- Lavare la zucca. Sbucciare la pelle e togliere i semi.
- Tagliate la polpa con un mandolino.
- Scaldare l’olio in una padella (o wok).
- Immergere le fette di zucca in olio, rimuoverli non appena cominciano a marrone e metterle su la carta assorbente.
- Aggiungere il sale e buon divertimento!