I am exhausted…wrecked (crevée). It is true when your kid is at school for the 1st year he brings all kind of flue,and gives it to his little sister or brother, and in some case to the parents. Bha! it can be worst. School….Talking about it, some parents should be really ashamed of their son’s behavior. I am sorry I can not give any name ;-)… why it came out to the mind of an « innocent » boy, no one knows, but it is surprising to hear that some kids (well just one in that case) threw away a plate at school. Surprised was the teacher too, and the mother…and the father. Of course the 3 of them scolded him, told him that it is a really bad behavior. But to the 3 of them faced the same the reaction/answer: lifting up the eyes and sang « lalalalalalalalalalalala…..lalallalalalalala…. » and of course you can laught at it all…at least not in front of the guilty kid. Hopefully for the parents pride it happened once .(for the moment)
Last weekend we went to Marmosedio, a small village (around 30 residents) close to Rieti. The population increased of 40% as we were 12 friends (kids included) to spend 3 days over there at the house of a friends. Even if there is nothing to see, it was good to go to there, walking in the forest, in the cold, all the fall colors, some unexpected visitors like this cow, I just loved it. I had my real fall, a cold and colorful one!
At the house we (the men) did some bbq in the fireplace. I baked the cake with candied fruits, the apple carrots and goat cheese pie and these pumpkin pancakes. I have a huge crush for the butternut one. I am trying all kinds of recipes with it (some, actually one until now, just to avoid) and it is the 2nd time and not the last one I am doing these pancakes. Jack enjoyed it a lot and even more with the maple syrup
for about 10 panckes
- 1 cup chestnuts flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 teasp baking powder
- 1 teaspbaking soda
- 1 teasp spices (cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and nutmeg)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp butter + some for the skillet
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin (butternut)
- 1 egg
- Melt the butter.
- In a bowl stir together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all the liquid ingredients together and add it to the dry ones. Mix.
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Pancakes de butternut
Pour environ 10 panckes
- 1 tasse de farine de châtaignes
- 1 tasse de farine
- 3 c. à s. de cassonade
- 1 c.à c. bicarbonate de sodium
- 1 c.à c. de levure enpoudre
- 1 c. à c. de mélange d’épices (cannelle, gingembre, clous de girofle et muscade)
- 1 / 2 tasse de crème
- 2 tasses de lait
- 3 c. à s. de beurre + beurre pour la poele
- 1 tasse de citrouille cuite (butternut)
- 1 oeuf
- Faire fondre le beurre.
- Dans un bol, mélanger tous les ingrédients secs.
- Dans un autre bol, mélanger tous les ingrédients liquides ensemble et ajouter au 1er mélange. Mixer.
- Faire fondre un peu de beurre dans une poêle à feu moyen.
- Verser 1 / 4 tasse de pâte pour chaque crêpe.
- Cuire les crêpes environ 3 minutes de chaque côté.
- Servir avec du sirop d’érable.
Frittelle di zucca
per circa 10 panckes
- 1 tazza di farina di castagne
- 1 tazza di farina (tipo 0)
- 3 cucchiai di zucchero di canna
- 1 cucchiaino di lievito in polvere
- 1 cucchiaino di bicarbonato
- 1 cucchiaino di spezie (cannella, zenzero, chiodi di garofano e la noce moscata)
- 1 / 2 tazza di panna
- 2 tazze di latte
- 3 cucchiai di burro
- 1 tazza di zucca cotta (butternut)
- 1 uovo
- Fate sciogliere il burro.
- In una ciotola mescolate tutti gli ingredienti secchi.
- In un altra ciotola, mescolare insieme tutti gli ingredienti liquidi insieme e aggiungerla a quelle secche. Frullare.
- Fate sciogliere il burro in una padella a fuoco medio.
- Versare in 1 / 4 tazza di pastella per ogni pancake.
- Cuocere le frittelle di circa 3 minuti per lato.
- Servire con sciroppo d’acero