It’s so, so, so cold today! And it is a busy day for me. I am working at my macarons that are getting a little success here and working for the association of Rome Accueil. Did I ever spoke about that to you? I guess not yet. Well it is a association that welcome french speaking people coming to Roma. We do not have the vocation to find people an appartment, a house keeper or whatsoever, but we propose a lot of activities (visits, lunch, cooking lessons, italian classes… and so and so and so) just to help them to get a new friends group, to be a little bit less lost. It helped me a lot my first year here. My italian was not that good, I did not have any friends, I was pregnant and had the real need to be in contact with people from my country, having the same culture background (that I spoke about it already, the culture shock!). Now I am on the other side, I am in charge of people moving him in my neighbourhood. We will meet soon at some coffe meetings (at my home or another guest). And I am too responsible of the bebe groupe (funny no?). It is a nice meeting group of new moms and their babies. We share our babies experiences… mainly about which pediatrician they could see, where to get that…
Right now I am waiting that little Joséphine wakes up to give her her lunch. I love to see her face when she is trying new flavors. Most of the time her first reaction is like that I would give her some lemon to eat. She twisted on her chair and contorts her face!
Before I leave you with that warm recipe of carotts and coriander (a good mix, adapted from Fresh&Fast a book of Marie-Claire) I invite you to go check at my pictures (can I?). You remember I talked to you about that best picture contest « le végétal dans l’assiette » organized by the FIPC and 750g.com Well I posted 3 pictures on the FB account of 750g.com If you join the group (you click on I like on the top page of their FB account) then you can see at my pictures and could eventually vote for them (I like button) and even commenting it (thank you!). The 10 most commented pictures will be in final. 10 others will be selected according to a jury. Among the 20 of them the best food picture will be awarded. A lot of foodbloggers have already join the contest that promises to be a big challenge for the jury who will have to choose the nicest picture!
Have a nice day!
Carrot and coriander soup
- 1 liter of chicken or veal broth
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander
- 50 g salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 400 g carrots, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Put the broth over low heat with 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander.
- In a pan melt butter and add onions and garlic crushed. Let cook onions until get white. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots to the broth. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Mix everything and serve with remaining chopped coriander.
Soupe carottes et coriandre
- 1 l de bouillon de poulet ou veau
- 1 gros bouquet de coriandre fraiche
- 50 g de beurre demi sel
- 2 gousses d’ail
- 2 oignons hachés finement
- 400 g de carottes pelées et coupées en petits cubes
- Mettre le bouillon sur feu doux avec 2 c. à s. de coriandre ciselée.
- Dans une poele faire fondre le beurre et ajouter les oignons et l’ail écrasée. Faire revenir jusqu’à ce que les oignons blanchissent. Ajouter les carottes et laisser cuire pendant 5 minutes en remuant de temps en temps.
- Ajouter les carottes au bouillon. Laisser mijoter pendant 40 minutes.
- Mixer le tout avant de servir avec le reste de coriandre ciselée.
Zuppa di carote e coriandolo
- 1 litro di brodo di pollo o vitello
- 1 mazzetto di coriandolo fresco
- 50 g di burro salato
- 2 spicchi di aglio
- 2 cipolle, tritate finemente
- 400 g di carote, sbucciate e tagliate a cubetti
- Mettete il brodo a fuoco basso con 2 cucchiai di coriandolo tritato.
- In una padella sciogliere il burro e aggiungere le cipolle e l’aglio schiacciato. Soffriggere le cipolle fino a bianco. Aggiungere le carote e cuocere per 5 minuti, mescolando di tanto in tanto.
- Aggiungere le carote al brodo. Fate bollire per 40 minuti.
- Mescolare il tutto e servire con il coriandolo rimasto tritato.