« Maman je peux prendre un bout de gateau » (Can I take a piece of cake?) already the hand on it!
« noooon! après les photos! » (no after the pictures!) too late!
My son juste loves that cake, actually he just loves the fruits in it. So I always find some pieces of cake… with no more fruits…. »mmmhhh cz’est bon!, j’adooooore maman le gateau » (it’s good, I looooove the cake) jumping on his chair. As he just like to bake it, he uses the hand mixer and pour the flour, eggs, sugar… and mix…and taste « attends je goute…juste une fois » (wait I taste…just once) which of course is never just once.
Did you notice the new look of my blog? I was working on some other websites (one for a friend and the other one for my « in way to be » a business here the macarons, there is even a link on the sidebar, noticed ??!! it’s not completely finished but I am working on it). Le centurion told me after that « your blog is a little sad now compare to the others » … Whoow nice! « it’s too much white »….okayyy… after consideration he was a little bit right. I worked on it yesterday and there it is, a little bit more colorful! Although it looks like a children bedroom with that purple and blue… I still have time to think about it!
So it’s a free macarons baking week this week (normally), what should give a little bit more time to bake, take pictures and working at my blog, my next job (I still have to sign the contract and I will let you know about that), and my kids. A few words about that cake, it’s a really classic cake, the recipe was requested MANY times, the cake too. Use some whole piece of candied fruit not the small dry pieces you can find in any supermarket. If you do not have rum you can put some kind of orange liqueur it works well too (it’s cook so no trouble for the kids!).
Cake aux fruits confits
- 250 g de fruits confits
- 200 g de beurre demi sel très mou
- 140 g de sucre en poudre
- 300 g de farine
- 1/2 sachet de levure chimique
- 3 oeufs
- Préchauffer le four à 150°C.
- Travailler le beurre et le sucre en pommade.
- Ajouter un à un les oeufs. Mélanger
- Ajouter la farine+levure. Mélanger.
- Ajouter les fruits confits coupés en morceaux et 5 c. à s. de rhum. Mélanger.
- Verser dans un moule à cake et enfourner pour 1 h15. Eteindre le four et y laisser le gateau prolonger sa cuisson.
Le cake est bien meilleur le lendemain!
Torta di frutta candita
- 250 g frutta mista candida
- 200 g burro salato molto morbido
- 140 g zucchero
- 300 g farina
- 1/2 bustina di lievito
- 3 uova
- Accendere il forno a 150°C.
- Lavorare il burro e lo zucchero in crema.
- Aggiungere uno a volta le uova e mischiare
- Aggiungere la farina+ lievito. Mischiare.
- Aggiungere la frutta candita tagliata a pezzetti con 5 cucchiai di Ron. Mischiare.
- Mettere la pasta in uno stampo per cake e cuocere per circa 1 h15. Spegnere il forno e lascaire la torta dentro che continua di cuocere
E meglio mangiare la torta l’indomani!
Candied fruit cake
- 250 g candied fruits
- 200 g softened salted butter
- 140 g sugar
- 300 g flour
- +- 5 g baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Warm up the oven at 150°C.
- Add the sugar to the butter and mix.
- Add one by one the eggs and mix.
- Add flour+baking powder. Mix.
- Add the candied fruits cutted in pieces (not too samll) and 5 Tbsp of Rum. Mix
- Pour in a stamp for cakes and put in theoven for about 1 h15. Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside.
Eat the cake the day after, it’s way better!