This recipe comes directly from the book Larousse du Chocolat by Pierre Hermé. My favorite (the cook, the man named the Picasso of pastry). I wouldn’t say I tried them all but I baked a lot of my chocolate desserts from this book. Recipes are simple, clear, well explained. Bases are shown at the end even with some pictures. The best book ever for beginners in pastry or more « professional »…
Apart from that, my needs (to be honest I should say desires) of chocolate is getting stronger and stronger. Idon’t know if it is linked to the end of the pregnancy, but one day without it and I could go crazy. It is simple, I was out with Jack, I had a nice lunch with some friends, well eating, even got some of that carnaval donuts before: castagnole (told you I am STARVING!), but I saw a nice shelf full of desserts in a tea room, and I dared to pay 8 euros for a slice of chocolate cake that Jake almost ate all. And it was not even worth to pay that price (consider that the tea was 8 euros, too… a glass of water was just enough!). Downtown Roma can be really expensive… So coming back home I stopped my frustration baking this so delicious brownie. The original recipe is with pistachio, but I replaced them with nuts and did some minor modifications (little bit more of chocolate and less sugar).
Pierre Hermé’s Brownie
- 160 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 100 g nuts
- 120 g flour
- 220 g soft butter (salted is even better)
- 240 g sugar
- Warm up the oven at 170°C
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Add it to the butter and mix.
- Add the sugar and eggs. Mix.
- Add finally the flour and nuts. Mix.
- Pour in a rectangular plate and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down on a grill.
Brownie selon Pierre Hermé
- 160 g de chocolat noir
- 4 oeufs
- 100 g de cerneaux de noix
- 120 g de farine
- 220 g beurre mou (de préférence demi-sel)
- 240 g de sucre
- Préchauffer le four à 170°C
- Faire fondre le chocolat au bain marie et l’ajouter au beure. Mélanger.
- Ajouter le sucre et les oeufs. Mélanger.
- Ajouter finalement la farine et les noix hachées. Mélanger.
- Verser dans un plat rectangulaire et enfourner pour environ 30 minutes.
- Laisser refroidir sur une grille.
Brownie secondo Pierre Hermé
- 160 g cioccolato nero
- 4 uova
- 100 g noci sgusciate
- 120 g farina
- 220 g burro morbido (salato è meglio)
- 240 g zucchero
- Accendere il forno a 170°C
- Sciogliere il cioccolato a bagnomaria. Aggiungerlo al burro e mescolare.
- Aggiungere lo zucchero e le uova. Mescolare.
- Aggiungere infine la farina e le noci. Mescolare.
- Mettere l’impasto in un piatto rettangolare ed infornare per circa 30 minuti.
- Lasciare raffreddare su una griglia.