7 weeks to go from now before the babygirl comes…tic tac, tic tac. It seems quite a time but actually I know I have to be sure everything is set up. My luggage for the maternity is almost ready, waiting in the bedroom. Today is the last ecography in order to check out her size and weight and if the head is down or not. We will take Giacomo with us, first « visual » contact with his little sister. I do not think he realizes what a baby will imply (less free time for mum!), but he does know there is one in my belly. Sometimes he opens my teeshirt and kisses the belly, but if I do it he just says « NON! ferme » (NO! close it). And what a surprise for me yesterday, he touches the belly and called his sister, but with the name I chose, one A. does not really like. I had to swear that I did not do any brainwash…I guess he heard me saying the name when people asked me what we I chose.
Meanwhile, between the cold outisde and the ones we got (this winter is crazy) it becomes difficult to spend all day out. I keep myself busy with Jack doing drawings, listening to music, putting order in his bedroom « c’est le bazar » (it’s a mess) and baking. So we did some chocolate and nuts cookies (from a Pierre Hermé’s recipe). Jack licked the spatula and put some pasta all around his face « rhoooo! PARTOUT« . He tried to clean himslef , alone (because he wants to do everything by himself), but he just applied the soap all over his cheeks without water…. a mess! He finished under the shower, no other choice.
Here the recipes…
Chocolate and nuts cookies
- 220 g flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 2 g baking soda
- 150 g softened salted butter
- 220 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs (small size)
- 100 g nuts
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking sodas
- Add to the butter the sugar and mix gently. Then add the eggs and mix gently.
- Mince the chocolate and nuts.
- Add to the butter the flour, chocolate and nuts. Mix.
- Split the preparation in 3 and roll it in a sausage shape of 4-5 cm diameter. Reserve in the fridge for at least 2hours.
- After that time,warm up the oven to 170°C. Slice the sausages every 1cm and disperse the slices on a plate that goes to the oven.
- Put in the oven for 12-15 mn.
Cookies au chocolat noir et noix
- 220 g de farine
- 5 g de levure
- 2 g de bicarbonate de sodium
- 150 g de beure demi sel mou
- 220 g de cassonade
- 2 oeufs (petit calibre)
- 100 g de noix
- 200 g de chocolat noir
- Tamiser ensemble la levure, farine et le bicarbonate
- Travailler le beurre mou en pommade. Ajouter le sucre. Mélanger puis ajouter les oeufs. Mélanger.
- Hacher grossièrement les noix et le chocolat.
- Ajouter la farine, le chocolat et les noix au mélange beurre+sucre. Mélanger.
- Séparer la pate en 3, et la rouler en boudins de 4-5 cm de diametre.Réserver au frais pendant 2 heures.
- Préchauffer le four à170°C. Découper les boudins en tronçons de 1 cm d’épaisseur,les répartir sur du papier sulfurisé.
- Enfourner pour 12-15 mns.
Cookies al cioccolato nero e noce
- 220 g di farina
- 5 g di lievito
- 2 g de bicarbonato di sodio
- 150 g de burro salato morbido
- 220 g di zucchero grezzo di canna
- 2 uova (piccoli)
- 100 g di noce
- 200 g di cioccolato nero
- Vagliare insieme la farina, lievito e bicarbonato.
- Sbattere il burro in pomata e aggiungerci lo zucchero. Mischiare. Poi aggiungere le uova e mischiare.
- Tritare a pezzi il cioccolato e le noce.
- Aggiungere la farina, cioccolato e noce al burro+zucchero. Mischiare
- Dividere la pasta in 3 e rotolarla in budini di4-5 cm di diametro. Mettere nel frigo per circa 2 ore.
- Dopo questo tempo accendere il forno a 170°C. Tagliare a fette di1 cm i budini di pasta. Mettere sulla carta di forno.
- Infornare per 12-15 minuti.